Sometimes when you are gifted the time to slow down, it is a good opportunity to take stock.
This moment presented itself as the perfect time to reflect on how I am blessed.
I am blessed…
- To live in a beautiful city and a dynamic and peaceful country
- To wake up to the cherubic faces of my funny and sweet kids
- To be loved unconditionally by furry and perfect creatures
- To be nurtured, mentored and valued by a magnificent human family
- To have a healthy heart, mind and spirit
- To spend each and every day doing the work that I love
- To have the freedom to make mistakes and learn from them
- To have the courage to take risks and reap the rewards
- To know the kind of true friendship that withstands the test of time, distance and change
- To have the ambition and compassion to build a better world
You might notice that my list does NOT include the number of shoes I own, my net worth, my jean size, and so on. I am blessed not because I have certificates and degrees on my wall but because of what I manifested from amazing opportunities to be educated. My blessings are not in the number of people I know but in the quality of those connections. And what determines how blessed I am is not what I have in comparison to anyone else.
I seem to meet a lot of truly blessed people who are convinced the grass is greener on the other side. All I know is: the grass is greener where you “water” it.