My name is Kristle Calisto-Tavares (she/her). I am a woman on a mission to catalyze innovation and build coalitions for social good across the globe. I launched my first social venture at the age of 19 and haven’t stopped since. In 2005, I started a journey with the launch of my social-purpose business.
Over nearly two decades, I have been fortunate to work with enterprising not-for-profit organizations and socially-minded companies. My work has included:
- coaching and training budding innovators in Canada, United States and 40 other countries worldwide on enlightened risk-taking and the building blocks of social venture development
- leading teams to develop and facilitate gap-training for multi-generational and multi-cultural audiences across a variety of industries and occupations
- facilitating partnerships, supporting coalition building and spear-heading community resource development in the citizen sector
- flexing my instructional design muscles to develop social innovation and entrepreneurial curriculum for organizations to deliver online and in the classroom
- authoring guides and resources for young social entrepreneurs to bolster the success of their start-ups
- pitching innovative projects in the affordable housing, disability and elder care sectors and raising capital funds of over $1.2 million
When I’m not at work or in my community, I like to do normal stuff like indulge in tasty food, hike along the great waters of Lake Ontario, run around the backyard with my adorable pups, travel the globe in search of mountains to climb and experience the world through the eyes of my two spirited children.